Slow down to Speed Up!
At times you must SLOW DOWN TO SPEED UP!
It doesn't make a lot of sense but it's the truth. You can't just keep going - hustling and pushing and living in the grind.
• You may find you're heading in the wrong direction -
only you find that out too late. You could have turned around a lot sooner - but you didn't look up - you kept your blinders on and your head down.
• In life lots of time that's what we're told:
Put in the work - keep going - however, if the energy of that thing is wrong - or its the wrong thing entirely, or perhaps the wrong timing, you'll be so distracted by running the race that you'll never realize:
- you have no idea where the finish line is
- that you missed the turn 10 miles back
- the race has been over for days
- you're running the wrong race
- or...you created the race - it's all an illusion.
• Before any of that happens -
it's happened to me plenty of times - slow down. way down, to a crawl and then stop. It may feel uncomfortable but stay with it: Being busy can be a distraction.
- Take a breather.
- Get your bearings.
- Ignore everything and see where you are.
- All is good - let it all go.
- See with new eyes - and ears.
• What do you feel pulled to do?
What's the energy of the moment telling you? NOT THINKING - but feeling the energy of the moment. Listen to it. Feel into it.
It may not make any sense but it's what you need to do now - and from there - check-in again.
• And as Martin Luther King Jr. once said :
“Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
That is alignment.
Who's going to slow down enough to see the first step?